Tuesday 24 January 2017

Mens Singles Reforecast

Only 3 of the top ten men's singles seeds remain at the quarter final stage and so you guessed it my conservative pre tournament tips have gone horribly astray.
I predicted Djokovic to play Raonic in one semi final from the bottom half of the draw.

Second seed Djokovic has left but third seed Raonic plays a quarter final tomorrow against 9th seed Nadal.
My assessment remains the same with respect to Milos and he should still be a semi finalist.
What changes is the result of that semi final because he will have a different opponent to the one originally chosen by me.

The quarter final between 11th seed David Goffin and 15th seed Grigor Dimitrov will determine the other semi finalist and based on form this summer I have to lean towards Grigor.

The top half is more of a mess.  Murray has gone, as has Nishikori, Cilic, Berdych and Kyrgios.
I had picked a Murray v Kyrgios semi final.

Now we have Federer v unseeded Mischa Zverev in one quarter, and Wawrinka v Tsonga in another.

I can't see anything but a Swiss semi final now and Federer in the final.

So my new view of the men's singles is Raonic v Federer in a surprising line up for Sunday's final with Federer the shock winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment